May 1, 2008

Little Shop of Horrors Audrey #4-1



First off I made a bottom fram out of pvc tubing and electrical metal piping. Then more pvc tubing for the top section, which will be seprate in the end from the bottom, but for now we put them together to get the proper fit. this project just so you know is learn as you go. I did not know what I was doing when I started and knew that there where going to be many trials and errors as I went along. with these two pieces I later realized that using zip ties was a good way of adding streangth. and the hole in the back you see, which is actually there for the actors who get eatin to have a way out of the puppet was actual moved several times before I found the proper placment. anyway on to the next pic.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what is on the bottom that supports the actors as they are being eatten?

Orindae said...

I used metal bars, the kind builders use to for electrical wiring, it's easy to bend by hand.
there's one down the center and they also go around the rim of the mouth.
basically though, I found that a large part of what held it in place when folks jumped in was the weight of the bottom piece, which after all the foam and and such became a bit heavy.
all in all as long as it has weight and a sturdy frame it should support the actors.

Unknown said...

I plan to start this project this week. Can you tell me what the grey sheeting is along the bottom? Also, do you recall how big the finished product was? Other than zip ties, pvc tubing, duct tape, zip ties and two metal bars and whatever that grey sheeting is covering the bottom are there any other supplies I need to get started on the frame? Any measurements or supply information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Matt said...

Your plans are great. I am going to start making this soon, is there any chance you can repost the pictures of Audrey #4?